||Cisco ASA Firewall Deployment
||A knowledge of TCP/IP protocols is required. CCNA or equivalent is recommended.
||Technicians, system administrators and installers required to install or administer a Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (Firewall). Those who want to pass the Cisco FIREWALL exam for CCSP or CCNP - Security.
successful completion students will be able to:
- Choose and design perimeter security technologies/features to implement given security requirements
- Understand different ASA models
- Create initial configurations using CLI
- Optimize ASA features, functions and performance
- Create complex security perimeter policies
- Perform setup on AIP-SSM or CSC-SSM using CLI and ASDM
- Configure and verify high availability ASAs
- Configure verify and troubleshoot static and dynamic routing using CLI and ASDM
- Configure and verify management access using CLI and ADSM
- Troubleshoot configurations using CLI and ASDM
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance configuration and requirement based design
- ASA configuration using CLI and ASDM
- Complex ASA security perimeter policies- ACLs, NAT/PAT, L3/L4/L7 stateful inspection, QoS policies, cut-thru proxy, threat detection, botnet detection (newer software versions only)
- Troubleshoot complex setups using CLI and ASDM
- Troubleshoot management access issues
||Lecture, group exercises, hands-on configuration practice
||Up to 8 attendees
||This course can be used as preparation for exam 642-617.